April 26, 2012

2012~"WHAT'S GROWING SERIES"~MY NEW GREENHOUSE & INDOOR NURSERY!

I'm starting a new GARDEN SERIES called 
"2012~WHAT'S GROWING SERIES".
I'll be taking you along as I set up my garden, plant my garden & all the things in between.
Hope you'll all come along with me!


 I decided to get an early start on my gardening this year.  I stole the shelf from my garage, ordered some warming mats for my seedlings,  purchased some fluorescent garage lights & bulbs from Home Depot and purchased my seeds from 




Here are my little babies in the nursery in my family room!!

I always wanted a Greenhouse to extend my planting season.  
At Lowes, I Purchased  this
 (8 x 10 x 8) SPRING GARDENER  GARDEN GREENHOUSE 
For a beginner like myself, this is perfect.  
Here she is all put together in my backyard spot.
I place the Greenhouse on a cement slab, and nailed it to the ground using this nail gun, nails & .22 shells.  so that it won't move if there are high winds.
The baby isn't going ANYWHERE!!
I also stapled pieces of furring strips to the bottom to seal the Greenhouse. 
 Later I'll seal the inside with caulk. 
Until later!
                                


9 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy. Good luck with the garden this year.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure have been, and getting busier as the season opens!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds! I love their company, and that they are such a young family too! That greenhouse looks like a garden dream. Great job with that! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Megan. Hope you come back real soon to see what I have happening inside!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Karen, A couple questions about your growing lights. I want to try to plant some seeds in the house next year and need to figure out how to do it. Is is okay if it is in a cooler room? You don't need a window when you have the grow lights, do you? I have recently started blogging about my gardens. Come visit when you have time! Nancy at Cozy Thyme Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can grow seeds in a cooler room but I think you would need to use warming mats under your seedlings for faster germination. The lights also helps to keep them warm. You don't really need a window, but it is nice to let them have real sunlight after they have developed their second set of leaves. I purchase my mats from the Greenhouse Megastore.
      http://www.greenhousemegastore.com/product/seedling-propagation-mat/seed-starting. I also use two different light bulbs, Phillips Daylight Deluxe T-12 & Phillips Soft White Kitchen & Bath T-12. I hope this helps!

      Delete
  5. Wow, Karen. Didn't know you could do all this on top of everything else. You are one busy (buzy) lady. Love the recycling!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love reading your comments!