The Busy Bug

June 03, 2011

END OF SCHOOL TEACHER GIFTS & CARDS ALSO BOO HOOING OVER "DRAGONFLY"

Has anyone seen the movie "Dragonfly", with Kevin Costner and Kathy Bates?  It is my by far my favorite movie!  It's a must see!!  If you haven't seen it, rent it or buy it, and watch it soon.  It will steal your heart!  I have seen it (no lie) about 30 times now, and it always makes me BOO HOO!!
Ok, now on to other things!  Yes, since it has gotten warmer around here, I haven't been in my craftroom lately, but today is the last day of school for my kids and of course I had to give my kids teachers, some homemade teacher's gift for being such amazing teachers.   I made two cards to go along with the potted plants.
Here they are:  Don't they look amazing!!

Recipe:
Terracotta Pots w/base (Home Depot Around $2.00) each set.
Basil Plants $3.39 each
Spray paint (stock) $0.00
Primer (stock) $0.00
Scrap Vinyl (stock) $0.00
Transfer Paper
Cricut or Silhouette Cutter
This is how I made them "PRETTY".


First I primed them with a Primer & let them dry.

Then I used my Cricut to cut the letter on scrap vinyl.

Used transfer paper to transfer the letters to the pots.


Then I sprayed the red paint over the vinyl

& let dry.


2 coats later, completely covering the word. 

Peel off the painted words very carefully.

& this is what is left.  Aren't they just shiny & beautiful!!

 Fill with garden soil and plant the basil.

Here are the cards I made to go along with the plants.m
This one is for my daughter Taylor's teacher,  thanks Ms. Cox!

And this is for my son Chris's teacher..thanks Mr. Purser.

All done!  
They loved them. 
Now to think of some fun stuff to do with the kids for summer vacation!
Have a fabulous weekend!

11 comments:

  1. ok now im gonna have to do the herb pots ...this is such an awesome project..and so easy, thanks for the inspiration

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. and your card is beautiful..i love the colors and papers..his teacher will love it

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. These came out awesome!! Great job and I bet they did love them. Have a great weekend.
    hugs,jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome. Its so nice that you took the extra help to paint the pots. Love the cards too
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. really cute! love the red...
    ♥Jaime...sevensisters

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by our blog! Great minds think alike! Good job!

    ~Courtney~

    love2sisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous! I just got a Cricut and have yet to venture into the exciting world of vinyl...but after seeing these, I know that I need to do that soon! The possibilities are endless! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great set of cards. Your plants are wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog!! Its so cute!!! I am your newest follower!!! i would love to feature you on my blog. so let me know!! :) So if you would like to go and check out my blog and follow me too! That would make my day!!! :) I am so excited to start blogging and share my ideas on food, crafts, and mineral make-up. I will also be doing giveaways on stuff, like mineral make-up. So look out for it!
    Thanks!
    -Brooke
    For-the-luv-of.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!