The Busy Bug

May 10, 2011

UPDATE ~ RAISED GARDEN BED FILLED ~ NOW TO PLANT....

Wow,  I can't believe it has rained ALL day today!  
Oh well, It was a good time to stay inside and 
catch up on some things I have been neglecting!  
The boxes are all put together and the dirt delivered and distributed.  
Thanks, Ted & Cooper (my next door neighbor and his son) Jordan, Taylor, Lizzy and Chris, for all your help!!    
What do you think of my "STOLLEN" space now!

Ground is level and waiting for my vision!

 Boards drying in the sun!  
(I painted only the outside of most of the boards.)

Nails and brackets ready!

Wow...each one of these took me approximately 15 minutes to put together! 
 Now it's ready for some 
good quality bedding mix!
(Aren't the snow-capped mountains just beautiful in the background!)
 I put Weed Block under each box... 
(Hopefully I won't get any weeds!)
 Dirt delivered and filling the beds!
Do you like my garden boots and army pants!
("Reporting for garden duty!")  :-)

 It took 3 Cubic Yards of Bedding Mix,
 and I had some left over for potting more plants!

 AAAAaaa... 
This makes me smile
 :-)

Don't you just love my Hippo Stepping Stone?
He's just grazing under the sand....
Now on to the planting!!
(Next post!!)
(Thanks for stopping by)

7 comments:

  1. Karen,
    Wow, your beds look great. I love the little hippo.
    The mountain view is gorgeous
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have been busy.... :)
    I wish I could stay home and enjoy life and do all these fun things. I sure do miss staying home when my girls were little... :(
    It makes me sad that they have grown up and I have to be here at work! lol
    Can't wait to see when your done.TFS
    hugs,jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great!!! Hubby has been tilling up a good bit of our back yard and planting. So far tomatoes, cantalope, cucumbers, corn, beets and beans. I haven't a clue what else. I just can and freeze whatever he grows. So wonderful to grow your own food, isn't it?!! Love your steping
    stones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking very nice! Sure it was hard work, but can't wait to see the flowers! I just planted a tomato, jalapeno, and a green bell pepper plant today as well as a few Petunias, Lantanas and some Osteopernums! Somehow, I managed to keep my 17 month old out of the potting soil until I was almost finished! So she's had a bath already and is sleeping now! Now I can go water them all! :) Happy Planting!

    Shelley
    http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com
    shelleymace21@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great!!! We have 6 raised beds for our vegetables garden and they are AWESOME - i love the fresh veggies in the spring-fall!!! Good luck - you'll have to keep us posted on what you plant:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great. That's awesome that you are utilizing your space the way you are.

    Nice to visit with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Karen!!
    I absolutely love your raised beds, I want these!!! Your blog is so wonderful, so glad you came over :) I am going to add a subscription button today, I am a newbie who is learning as i go with this blogging thing! But I am so happy I came over to visit and follow, you are so creative and apparently hard working...can't wait to see those beds with all those veggies!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!